Reports and downloads
SCHNEIDER-SLIWA R. (Ed.), with C. SAALFRANK: Local Adaptive Capacities and Co-Management in Disaster Risk Reduction. Targeted Analyses in Local Communities of Gujarat and Tamil Nadu. Basel Development Studies 2, Basel, 2009, 161 pp.
- Mihir Bhatt verhilft den Armen zur Hilfe, BAZ Article, 16.07.2008, p. 21
- Disaster Risk Reduction through Research and Education, Issue 60, May 2009
- Reducing Risk: Learning and Doing, Special Issue 50, July 2009
- Education and Safety of Children, Issue 64, September 2009
- Wieland, Fiona: Environmental Health in Slum Communities. Analysis of household water quality in four slum communities in the
City of Bhuj, India. In: Geographica Helvetica (2/2008).
Case studies of microcredit and Afat Vimo beneficiaries:
The selected cases consist of eleven microcredit and Afat Vimo beneficiaries from Bhuj, Ahmedabad and Kheda. In all these three cities All India Disaster Mitigation Institute (AIDMI) is closely working with some local communities. All three cities are located in Gujarat, India. The citites have been affected by different natural and man-made disasters throughout the last few years. The initial disaster of Bhuj was the Gujarat earthquake in 2001. In Ahmedabad, AIDMI started different programs after the riots in 2002 and in Kheda after the heavy flood of 2005.
For further information on the study areas, see the extra chapter on the study areas. The long version of these case studies are part of a report in SCHNEIDER-SLIWA R. (Ed.), with C. SAALFRANK: Local Adaptive Capacities and Co-Management in Disaster Risk Reduction. Targeted Analyses in Local Communities of Gujarat and Tamil Nadu. Basel Development Studies 2, Basel, 2009, 161 pp.
The following case studies portray people from the communities Ashapurangar, Mustafanagar and Sanjognagar in Bhuj, Gujarat. The interviews were held during a field visit on July 18th to 20th 20
- Case study 1: Karimaben, Ashapuranagar
- Case study 2: Jarinaben, Ashapuranagar
- Case study 3: Laljibhai, Ashapuranagar
- Case study 4: Sumitraben, Ashapuranagar
- Case study 5: Niyametben, Mustafanagar
- Case study 6: Ramjanbhai, Sanjognagar